General Service Technician
Here at Morrison's Auto-Rite Inc we've built our business around our customers and our employees, and we pride ourselves on providing a work environment in which people look forward to going to work. We believe in embracing challenges and enjoying life.
Here's just a few of the expectations we have for you:
- Computer skills are a must.
- An organizational mastermind.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry.
- A love and passion for what you do.
- Open to learning, every minute of every day.
- A desire to succeed and grow.
- You've got to genuinely enjoy helping people.
- Patience, you can't rush quality.
- A team attitude, everyone works together.
Morrison's Auto-Rite Inc has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Jamaica Plain, MA.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Morrison's Auto-Rite Inc's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
Morrison's is top rate. When I brought in my car late Friday, they promised to get it to me Monday Noon .. and when the parts were late, they loaned me a car to take my spouse to a doctor's appointment. I returned to find the car repaired fully and well. I could have asked for no better service.
Always a good experience! The staff is so friendly and takes the time to explain what work needs to be done. I would definitely recommend.
Kerry Collins, 09/11/2022
I always trust Morrison's for anything my car needs. Mike is super patient, explains everything, and gives updates throughout the process. I've been going there for years and have recommended it to many others. It's a family owned business and the care and commitment that they show to their customers makes me feel like one of the family.
Elizabeth Stefan, 09/02/2022